True prayer creates and transforms life.
Prayer is change. Prayer is the central avenue that God uses to transform our lives.
“You ask and you do not receive, because you ask wrongly, that you may spend it on your pleasures” (James 4:3)
Martin Luther said:
“I have so much to do that I cannot go on without spending three hours daily in prayer” - Martin Luther
Prayer leads us to something deeper in our relationship with God.
In a way, when we pray, we are cooperating with God to determine the future! Certain things will happen in history if we pray correctly. We will change the world through prayer.
True prayer is something we learn.
“Lord, teach us to pray” (Luke 11:1)
One of the most critical aspects of learning to pray for others is getting in touch with God so that His life and His power can be channeled into another's life through you.
It is true that we will ask for ourselves many times, but it is even more certain that prayer is a powerful tool of love for our neighbor.
The starting point for learning to pray for others is listening to God's guidance. We hear these guidelines through meditation. This is why meditation and prayer are strongly linked.
How to Pray?
1. Choose a place of prayer that is especially pleasing to you. - Use creativity.
2. Get in the habit of using reading the texts of the bible.
3. Pray with instrumental music in the background.
4. Check what prevents you from praying and act intentionally so that these obstacles are overcome.
5. Recite the Our Father in order to understand each of the points. "Our Father..." - I'm glad I can call you Father, thank you for this privilege...
6. Pay attention to the lyrics of Christian songs, there are several prayers in them, recite them again paying attention to what is being said in the form of prayer.
May this week you take the time to start the process of meditation and prayer in your life.
Category: Spiritual Disciplines
<- Back to Articles Home